Author: Aunt Kitty
Recipe type: Dessert
- Burnt sugar:
- ¾ c. sugar
- ¼ c. water
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Burnt sugar:Cook together over med heat until brown, in the pan you plan to make the flan. Cool
- Flan:Place cream cheese, eggs, and vanilla in blender or processor. Blend until smooth. Add milks and process until no lumps remain. Pour into prepared pan. Put pan inside a larger pan and surround with water halfway up the sides. Bake a 350 for about an hour.
- If you can not put in a water bath, then bake at 300 for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cool and chill before un-molding or serving.