Ninfa’s Green Sauce
Author: From Ninfa’s Restaurant
Recipe type: Appetiser
Figured out by Daniel
- 3 medium size green tomatoes-coarsely chopped
- 4 tomatillos-cleaned & chopped
- 1 jalapeños-stemmed, coarsely chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium size ripe avocados
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup sour cream
- Combine tomatoes, tomatillos, jalapeños & garlic cloves in a saucepan, bring to a boil in oil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until tomatoes are soft. Note: Wear plastic gloves or handle jalapeños carefully; chilies can irritate skin and eyes. There is no water in this recipe. When heated, the tomatoes & tomatillos will release ample fluids to enable the mixture to boil.
- Remove from heat and let cook slightly.
- Peel, pit & slice avocados. Place tomato mixture, avocados, cilantro & salt in a food processor (you may need to do this in batches); process until smooth. Pour mixture into a large bowl. Stir in the sour cream, cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate. Serve in small bowls as a dip for tortilla chips. Promptly refrigerate leftovers. Makes 4 to 5 cups.